A church has stood on this location since at least the 7th century . Work commenced on the present building in 1879. In the year 2000, a new stained glass window was installed with images which reflect the heritage of the area.
St Werburgh was a 7th century saint, daughter of an Anglo-Saxon king. She became a nun at Ely and later Abbess of various convents in the Kingdom of Mercia.
Visit Derbyshire Churches to find out more.